Internal Server Error is one of the common WordPress errors that can arouse panic over a WordPress beginner.
The most common causes of the 500 Internal Server Error are listed below:
1) Checking for Corrupt .htaccess File.
- It is located in your WordPress installation directory. You can do so by renaming your main .htaccess file to something like .htaccess-bak. Then reload your site to see if this solved the problem and move onto the next step.
- Click on Settings > Permalinks.
- Review the settings to be sure that they are set up properly.
- Click the Save Settings button.
2) Increase PHP Memory Limit
- If the error persists, try Increasing the PHP memory limit.
3) Deactivate / Reactivate All Plugins